Thursday, September 29, 2005

What are they thinking?

I know I said I wasn't going to start writing until November but I couldn't contain myself any longer. As I sat eating lunch in the chow hall where I am training I happened to notice a report about the anti-war protestors in Washington D.C. The video was of Cindy Sheehan talking to some policemen. Although I couldn't hear what she was saying I am sure it was a bunch of garbage. What strikes me the most about the whole Cindy Sheehan thing is that the media just can't seem to get enough of her. Why is this lady the figure-head of the anti-Iraq crowd? In my book she is an ignorant disgrace to all that would follow her and also to the memory of her son. I told my parents on several occasions that if they ever denounced the war in Iraq or our policy there just because of my death I would try to disown them from the grave.
I know I am beating a dead horse but was her son forced to join the military? Since he wasn't and did so according to his own free will, why isn't she protesting against him? He had a choice whether or not to join and I am sure he didn't join the army to cuddle with teddy bears and sip cappuccino while discussing philosophy. Cindy's protest is utterly baseless and anyone who wanted to protest the war on legit grounds would get rid of her. The lamestream media just don't have a clue. They are willing to put anyone or anything on air as long as it is anti-Iraq, Bush, or war in general.
I guess if she is the best the anti crowd has to offer then us normies (pro Iraq policy crowd) aren't that bad off. Now if only the media could get their heads out of their four point of contacts.

12 comments:

DAD said...

"four point of contacts"?

T. F. Boggs said...

I don't know if I worded that right but your four point of contact is your butt. If I am going to have a semi-military blog I thought I should write in semi-military terms.

shawnmiller0241 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the dude said...

Sheehan is the man!

aandn said...

Again Boggs - -we agree. This could get old! However, in this day where we are never allowed to offend anyone or hurt anybody's feelings you could be reprimanded. We say - - Go Boggs!!! Guess we got a different 4 points of contact here in the pasture than you in the Army (our heads) but we caught your drift. I ask Neatie what you meant. She knew. She knows everything, Boggs.
If not she's a good guesser.
If you've noticed Boggs, most people spouting off in these times are not real rational or logical? It's tough to reason with non thinkers. Maybe it's the school system now days but it's a good thing we got a government that wants to hold everyones hand and lead us by the nose through life because if worst comes to worst over here, we wonder how people will survive. You guys in the Military seem our last hope because you are the last ones to be able to think and get things done. Hard things. Thanks again "Boggs and company" for defending us all. Watching TV is like watching a side show anymore. You forget what an inteligent person actually sounds like.
A&N

iamNomad said...

t.f. boggs, just found your blog from your comment on Michael Yon's. I look forward to reading and wish to thank you for serving our Country. Be well and stay safe!

Oh by the way, it's "fourth" point of contact. :)

aandn said...

What are the first 3 "points of contact"? See how you make us think!

T. F. Boggs said...

Three points of contact are for example both feet and two hands. The fourth being of course your butt.

aandn said...

Thanks, "Bogginator", for clearing that up for us. We are new at Army talk. It's a whole new language. Submunitions and Roger and Out.

texas rose said...

Hi tf boggs,
Some customers told me about your blog which will be coming from Mosul. After reading your current blogs I think they were right that you will be an interesting and informative read. I hope you get many readers. I will spread the word here in Texas in the cafe where I work. It will be great to get the truth on the war for a change. Please take good care of yourself. Remember safety first. I will think of you all over there often and if you give a mailing address I will send you and your men goodies. Like real Texas jerky, not that milkcow stuff, the real thing and pistachio nuts and Emergen-C vitamin drinks for your water and hot chocolate. Those seem to be popular over there with the soldiers. How about a picture of you on your site? so we know who we are talking to. That's pretty professional. On the other hand you may not want the enemy to know what you look like. Good luck to you tf Boggs and may the force be with you.
A new reader at the coffee counter in a one horse town in Texas.

T. F. Boggs said...

Thanks for the support Texas Rose, I may be asking for some of that jerky before long, it sounds great. The picture of me is coming soon along with other pics from my travels. Spread the word about the blog and I will try not to let you down.

texas rose said...

Hey tf AKA Bogginator,

You could never let any of us down in Texas. We would never have the intesitnal fortitude to do what you are doing and appreciate all of you guys. Google (search) artesian springs on the Web (Newton TX) and you'll see where all of us knuckleheads are reading you from and you can dream about trees out there in the desert. Will be drying jerky. Can't wait for pictures when you get settled in over there. Have a very safe deployment and many fingers will be crossed for you in Texas. Bon Voyage!